Estate planning is a crucial step that is often overlooked, but critical to ensuring that a person’s final wishes will be carried out and their assets passed on to those they love with minimal interruption. It provides peace of mind that your loved ones will be provided for when you are gone.
A complete and effective estate plan answers key questions like:
- What assets do I have and how will they be passed on after I am gone?
- Should those assets and accounts be structured to avoid tax penalties?
- Which of my loved ones will get which assets?
- Who will make medical and financial decisions for me should I become incapacitated?
Crafting An Estate Plan That Fits Your Needs And Accomplishes Your Wishes
At Xuereb Law Group, our attorneys help you answer those questions and create an estate plan that is tailored to your life, your loved ones and your wishes for the future. We take the time to walk you through each step of this process, making sure that you have the proper wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other vehicles in place that will structure how your affairs are handled and your assets distributed. We create a plan for the future that provides peace of mind.
For more information about estate planning and the guidance we provide, please contact our Canton, Michigan, law offices today for a consultation.
Our lawyers will help you create an estate plan that answers all important questions and provides a plan of action tailored to your wishes. This includes:
- Identifying all family members, loved ones and charitable organizations you wish to receive your assets
- Ensuring that those assets will be distributed and transferred quickly with few hurdles or interruptions
- Minimizing tax exposure through thoughtful structuring of assets
- Avoiding probate through living trusts and “payable on death” accounts
- Dictating and outlining end-of-life care or life-prolonging medical decisions
- Creating any funeral arrangements you wish
This can be a difficult and overwhelming process for many people, but our firm provides compassionate and thoughtful guidance throughout this process that makes our clients comfortable with the plan they set in place.
For more information, call us today.