For far too many people, the pain of losing a loved one is made worse by the subsequent task of going through probate and handling the deceased person’s affairs.
At Xuereb Law Group, we realize how overwhelming probate can be for many people, often in addition to the demands of life and the fresh pain of losing a loved one. Our attorneys provide compassionate and helpful legal representation during this process. We come alongside you during this time and carry the legal burden of probate on your behalf, allowing you to focus on healing.
If you are faced with the task of probating an estate, please contact our Canton, Michigan, law offices to arrange a consultation to learn how we can help during this difficult time.
Assistance And Legal Representation Through The Probate Process
Our attorneys will handle all legal aspects of the probate process, including:
- Filing the most recent and up-to-date will with the appropriate probate court
- Filing a petition with the probate court for the appointment of a personal representative
- Creating a clear inventory of the deceased individual’s property, assets and liabilities
- Appraising the property and assets
- Collecting any outstanding money owed to the deceased’s estate
- Paying creditors and tax obligations
- Identifying, locating and notifying all beneficiaries
- Distributing the remaining property to the beneficiaries according to the will or other documentation (following intestacy if no will is available)
Our lawyers are knowledgeable and capable, prepared to handle probate of even the most complex estate. If probate litigation is necessary to protect the estate, we have the experience in court needed to resolve the situation. For more information, call our law office today.